Life's Entertainment

Life is filled with interesting characters and moments of hilarity. Here are the funniest, strangest and even scariest moments of our lives.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Lessons I Learned While Baking Cookies

Today Mom and I had a cookie baking extravaganza and I learned a few valueable lessons.

1. I'm not much of a cookie baker.

2. I suppose I should bake cookies more than once a year.

3. Read, REALLY READ, not just skim, the directions before you start assembling the ingredients for your cookies.

4. Don't eat unsweetened chocolate by itself. It will taste like chalk in your mouth.

5. A bowl gets really hot when it has been in the microwave for 4 minutes.

6. When all of your table and counter space get filled with cookies and bowls, the floor will do nicely for your other supplies.

7. Kitchen-Aid mixers are awesome!

8. Sometimes the sloppiest, ugliest cookies are the best tasting cookies.

9. A hot cookie sheet can burn through an oven glove.

10. There is nothing better than the smell of cookies baking in the oven.

11. Except getting to eat those cookies.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Hi! Good 13 - nothing I like more than talking about cookies except eating them. I linked to your 13 - thanks for stopping by my blog.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    Those were funny! I like your 13. Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    :)

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Melzie said…

    LOL! That's great- and eating those cookies that just cme out of the oven with a cold glass of milk- YUM!! I think I need to bake!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Lillee said…

    Yum, cookies. I like cookies.

    Missouri, huh? I use to have a friend who called it "mis-err-ri"
    I don't why.

    I'm from Southern Illinois, nice to meet ya.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    cooooookies!!

    i should bake more than once a year too. and nothing says "i love you" to your family better than warm cookies.

    just got a kitchenaid mixer - i can't wait to make cookies in it!!!!

    thanks for visiting me!

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is the best list! dont eat the unsweetend chocolate! I learned that the hard way!
    Thanks for the comments, I unfortunatly have known too many (close to 10) people who were my age or near it that were killed by drunk drivers. You will be in my thoughts over the holidays.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home